Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parent living in US, I have both B1/F1 stamped, but could not join the University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent living in US, I have both B1/F1 stamped, but could not join the University

Hi all,

My parents live in the US with L1 visa. I am in home country and visited my parents multiple times with dependent Visa and B1/B2 before. Recently got stamped F1 for undergraduate course, but could not travel due to unfortunate medical conditions. As per university official, I can join for summer semester and enter US with a new I20, but not before 30 days from start of the semester.

Also, I was told I am not allowed to enter US with F1 and earlier I20.

I have couple of doubts:
    1. Can I enter US with B1/B2 now, and start the course after 3 mths, staying within US?
    2. If I decide to enter with new I20, should there be need for new VISA stamping?
    3. Can I enter with new I20 more than 30 days before college start?

Pls answer, if anyone underwent similar situation.

Parent living in US, I have both B1/F1 stamped, but could not join the University

It's better that you enter with your F1 visa. Entering with a B2 means that you will be treated as a visitor and be given 6 months or less to remain in the US.
    You I-20 indicates the time you should enter into the US. I think you need to be enrolled in your course of study within 30 days of entry into the US.

Not legal advice, use at your own risk

Comment

1) no
      2) no
      3) no

If your parents or your school is near the Mexican or Canadian borders, and you have visas to travel there, could first enter the US as a tourist, then leave and return on your student visa within 30 days of your academic program start date

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X