Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to apply for STEM OPT without E-verify?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to apply for STEM OPT without E-verify?

Since government shutdown happened recently, e-verify will be shutdown. I have 10 days to apply for STEM OPT but my company isn't e-verified. Can I send the application to USCIS without e-verify number and update the information at a later time when the government shutdown ends?

E-Verify

Originally posted by arj22 View Post
    Since government shutdown happened recently, e-verify will be shutdown. I have 10 days to apply for STEM OPT but my company isn't e-verified. Can I send the application to USCIS without e-verify number and update the information at a later time when the government shutdown ends?
    Aj22,

The E-verify is super easy for the employer to get, I think my employer submitted the e-verify application and received it a couple weeks later. Talk to them and tell them they have to do it or you cannot work. You also have to have by a certain time period after you are hired for your USCIS documentation that you have to submit, so they should be getting it soon anyway.

Good luck!
    -Pittsstopsu

Comment

Originally posted by Pittsstopsu View Post
      Aj22,

The E-verify is super easy for the employer to get, I think my employer submitted the e-verify application and received it a couple weeks later. Talk to them and tell them they have to do it or you cannot work. You also have to have by a certain time period after you are hired for your USCIS documentation that you have to submit, so they should be getting it soon anyway.

Good luck!
      -Pittsstopsu
      I'm having the same problem! Did you figure out an answer?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X