Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Is it possible to apply for STEM OPT without E-verify?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • arj22
    Member
    • Jan 2018
    • 1

    #1

    Is it possible to apply for STEM OPT without E-verify?

    Since government shutdown happened recently, e-verify will be shutdown. I have 10 days to apply for STEM OPT but my company isn't e-verified. Can I send the application to USCIS without e-verify number and update the information at a later time when the government shutdown ends?
  • Pittsstopsu
    Member
    • Feb 2018
    • 3

    #2
    E-Verify

    Originally posted by arj22 View Post
    Since government shutdown happened recently, e-verify will be shutdown. I have 10 days to apply for STEM OPT but my company isn't e-verified. Can I send the application to USCIS without e-verify number and update the information at a later time when the government shutdown ends?
    Aj22,

    The E-verify is super easy for the employer to get, I think my employer submitted the e-verify application and received it a couple weeks later. Talk to them and tell them they have to do it or you cannot work. You also have to have by a certain time period after you are hired for your USCIS documentation that you have to submit, so they should be getting it soon anyway.

    Good luck!
    -Pittsstopsu

    Comment

    • daniqb94
      Member
      • Jan 2019
      • 1

      #3
      Originally posted by Pittsstopsu View Post
      Aj22,

      The E-verify is super easy for the employer to get, I think my employer submitted the e-verify application and received it a couple weeks later. Talk to them and tell them they have to do it or you cannot work. You also have to have by a certain time period after you are hired for your USCIS documentation that you have to submit, so they should be getting it soon anyway.

      Good luck!
      -Pittsstopsu
      I'm having the same problem! Did you figure out an answer?

      Comment

      {{modal[0].title}}

      X

      {{modal[0].content}}

      {{promo.content}}

      Working...