Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-1 I-797 expiration says valid for duration of status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 I-797 expiration says valid for duration of status?

1. What does expiration on I-797A means that valid for duration of status for change of status from H4 to F1 while being in US?
    2. Can that person work on OPT with approved OPT, I-20 valid as OPT and approved F-1 I-797A (no stamp in passport) from xyz to valid for duration of status?
    3. Can a person with above situation enroll in another school before end of their OPT period?
    4. Since current approved F-1 I-797A says valid for duration of status, do that person needs to apply for another I-797 after enrolling in another school?

Help will be much appreciated!

Thank you

Originally posted by Neelsukhadia View Post
    1. What does expiration on I-797A means that valid for duration of status for change of status from H4 to F1 while being in US?
    2. Can that person work on OPT with approved OPT, I-20 valid as OPT and approved F-1 I-797A (no stamp in passport) from xyz to valid for duration of status?
    3. Can a person with above situation enroll in another school before end of their OPT period?
    4. Since current approved F-1 I-797A says valid for duration of status, do that person needs to apply for another I-797 after enrolling in another school?

Help will be much appreciated!

Thank you
    1. People in F-1 status are almost always admitted for "D/S" on their I-94, either when they enter or when they do Change of Status, so this is normal. It just means you remain in status as long as you have a valid I-20 and remain going to school and don't violate any conditions of F-1 status.
    2. yes
    3. yes
    4. No. You never have to apply for Extension of Status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X