Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferring to new school on expiring visa (F1 student)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring to new school on expiring visa (F1 student)

Hi,

I'm an international student with an associates in Business in Houston, TX. I'm thinking about getting another associates in a different field or transferring to a 4 year college to get a Bachelors. My Student Visa and Passport expire in December, 2018 so my question is: Can I transfer/switch schools on an expired visa? Can I renew my I-20 on an expired visa? Will universities and community colleges ask to see visa when I apply?

Thank you.

Originally posted by LD183 View Post
    Hi,

I'm an international student with an associates in Business in Houston, TX. I'm thinking about getting another associates in a different field or transferring to a 4 year college to get a Bachelors. My Student Visa and Passport expire in December, 2018 so my question is: Can I transfer/switch schools on an expired visa? Can I renew my I-20 on an expired visa? Will universities and community colleges ask to see visa when I apply?

Thank you.
    Visas are only for entering the US. You are not entering the US, so the visa expiration date is irrelevant. Your F1 visa could have expired many years ago, and you can still transfer schools as long as you have maintained status.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X