Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa / University transfer

Hi,

I have been accepted in two Law Schools that offered me a good scholarship. However, one I cannot pay for the rest of the tuition so I am waiting on a local scholarship program I have applied to that announces finalists in MAY 2018. The 2nd university gave me around 95% scholarship but has a lower ranking and doesn't have the exact program I wanted, but has something close to it.

my question is:

If I apply to University X for the I20 Form for my F1 Visa. Can I transfer the I20 form to the other school even if i did not receive the paper work to go to the USA embassy from university X?
    Regards,
    Ahmed Barakat

Originally posted by amagdib View Post
    Hi,

I have been accepted in two Law Schools that offered me a good scholarship. However, one I cannot pay for the rest of the tuition so I am waiting on a local scholarship program I have applied to that announces finalists in MAY 2018. The 2nd university gave me around 95% scholarship but has a lower ranking and doesn't have the exact program I wanted, but has something close to it.

my question is:

If I apply to University X for the I20 Form for my F1 Visa. Can I transfer the I20 form to the other school even if i did not receive the paper work to go to the USA embassy from university X?
    I20 is a non-transferable document.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X