Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Au Pairing in Italy under a student visa

Hello!

I live in America and am planning on au pairing for a year in Italy in Rosignano Solvay. My host family and I are running into a couple problems with the visa. So in Italy, there is no such thing as an "au pair visa" as there is in other countries, so we were trying to figure out other ways to stay the whole time. The way we are thinking will work the best is that I apply for a student visa. Now, this is the catch, in order to qualify for a student visa you have to take 20 hours of a language course per week, and you have to be enrolled the entire time that you are in Italy. BUT the course that I would take starts about 3 months into the time I was planning on starting my stay with the family. So me and my host family thought that I should get the standard Schengen Visa that is valid for up to 90 days In addition to the Student visa which would be issued for the length of the language course I would be taking. So after the 90 day Schengen Visa expires I would then go into my Student Visa. Is this something I could do? In addition to that, is it possible then after the student visa to go BACK on a Schengen Visa after the language class ends?

Also, how strict is the Italian government on the 20-hour requirement?

Thank you for your help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X