Travelling to India on OPT Extension - F1 Visa expires after 2 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India on OPT Extension - F1 Visa expires after 2 months

I am currently on OPT extension (STEM OPT). My F1 visa expires in first week of December, 2018. My OPT is valid until June 2019. I am currently employed full time and have been 6 months with the current employer. I am planning to go to India in September 2018 and coming back in first week of October 2018.

Is there going to be any problem to re-enter USA while F1-visa expiring after two months when I enter USA?

Originally posted by hip1310 View Post
    I am currently on OPT extension (STEM OPT). My F1 visa expires in first week of December, 2018. My OPT is valid until June 2019. I am currently employed full time and have been 6 months with the current employer. I am planning to go to India in September 2018 and coming back in first week of October 2018.

Is there going to be any problem to re-enter USA while F1-visa expiring after two months when I enter USA?
    No, you can use your Visa to enter until its last day of validity.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Hi Hip1310, I am gonna face this situation in coming march. Can you share your experience at port of entry if you had faced the mentioned situation? Any information will be helpful . Thank you in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X