Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student visa applying for Green card married to US citizen

Hi everyone,

My situation is that I'm currently sponsoring my wife who lives with me, her current visa status is F1 student visa. Two days ago, I send in all the application to the USCIS in Chicago lockbox.

My question is, will USCIS process I-130 first? and have that approved, then process I-485? and how long will it take them to debit my check? I-130 first? or all together?

I only have untill May or June of 2019 when my wife graduates from college, I assume by that time, my I-130 will be approved. Does that mean my wife can still stay in the U.S.? or she have to go back to her country?

Second question, lets say we went through all the necessary process, and had her interview before april of 2019, it will take time for USICS to make decison if she will be get approved for Green card, during that waiting period, and she already reached to May or June of 2019, and green card has not yet come in the mail, can she still stay in the U.S.?

Any help or tips will be much appreciated!!!

Thank you guys,

Originally posted by willpoint53 View Post
    Hi everyone,

My situation is that I'm currently sponsoring my wife who lives with me, her current visa status is F1 student visa. Two days ago, I send in all the application to the USCIS in Chicago lockbox.

My question is, will USCIS process I-130 first? and have that approved, then process I-485? and how long will it take them to debit my check? I-130 first? or all together?

I only have untill May or June of 2019 when my wife graduates from college, I assume by that time, my I-130 will be approved. Does that mean my wife can still stay in the U.S.? or she have to go back to her country?

Second question, lets say we went through all the necessary process, and had her interview before april of 2019, it will take time for USICS to make decison if she will be get approved for Green card, during that waiting period, and she already reached to May or June of 2019, and green card has not yet come in the mail, can she still stay in the U.S.?

Any help or tips will be much appreciated!!!

Thank you guys,
    They will process them together.

She has already filed I-485, which means she can already stay in the US for as long as it is pending regardless of whether she is in status or not. Even if she filed I-485 after she is out of status, she would still be able to stay in the US for as long as it is pending.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      They will process them together.

She has already filed I-485, which means she can already stay in the US for as long as it is pending regardless of whether she is in status or not. Even if she filed I-485 after she is out of status, she would still be able to stay in the US for as long as it is pending.

How would I know if her I-485 is pending? does that mean after the interview? or before?

Comment

How would I know if her I-485 is pending? does that mean after the interview? or before?
        Once you mail it and USCIS receives it, it is pending.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          Once you mail it and USCIS receives it, it is pending.
          It has been 4 days since I mail USCIS in Chicago my application, and still haven't hear back from them. Should I worry? what can I do?

Thanks,

Comment

It has been 4 days since I mail USCIS in Chicago my application, and still haven't hear back from them. Should I worry? what can I do?

Thanks,
            You probably won't get a paper receipt for several weeks. That's okay. As long as you sent it, it is probably received.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X