Impact of J-1 waiver and I-140 to F-1 students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact of J-1 waiver and I-140 to F-1 students

I am current a F-1 student. Recently I have applied I-140 and J-1 waiver simultaneously. I want to know If it will cause any trouble when I travel internationally and reenter the States holding F-1 visa. Besides, do I have any problem when applying for OPT and in the future for OPT extension? Thanks.

OPT probably not. Nor for J1 waiver. F1 is a non immigrant visa. I-140 is an immigrant application. So generally a new F1 could be an issue if 140 is approved. In your case very low chance of an issue. But I suggest you carry your appointment letter with you while entering the US. Anyone traveling on OPT without a job WILL be denied entry.

Originally posted by kyo00712 View Post
    I am current a F-1 student. Recently I have applied I-140 and J-1 waiver simultaneously. I want to know If it will cause any trouble when I travel internationally and reenter the States holding F-1 visa. Besides, do I have any problem when applying for OPT and in the future for OPT extension? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kyo00712 View Post
      Thank you for your reply. I am not in OPT status. I am now a normal F-1 student. My concern is that if filing I-140 (NIW) will cause problem when I travel internationally and re-enter The United States. Besides, will it impact my future application of OPT? Thanks.

Comment

No impact at all.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X