Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can F-1 visa student go to work?

Hello there,
    I am a F1 visa student and I already went to school in the US for 4 years. I go to Renton Technical Community College right now and I have to do internship next quarter. The internship is part of credit that I have to finish too, so I need permission for off campus work. I need your help.

Originally posted by lanvy1997 View Post
    Hello there,
    I am a F1 visa student and I already went to school in the US for 4 years. I go to Renton Technical Community College right now and I have to do internship next quarter. The internship is part of credit that I have to finish too, so I need permission for off campus work. I need your help.
    You can work on-campus, or on CPT or OPT. If it's part of what you need to finish school, it sounds like the school should let you do that on CPT.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

You can work on F1 as CPT as long as you have completed 1 full academic year (on any status).

Comment

Since he is an undergraduate, OPT can not start until the OP has graduated. CPT is the only option. Graduate students on the other hand can start OPT prior to graduating.

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        You can work on-campus, or on CPT or OPT. If it's part of what you need to finish school, it sounds like the school should let you do that on CPT.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X