Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Approved, Passport stuck in Administrative Processing

Hi All,

Applied for F1 visa on Aug 6th,Visa was approved in Mumbai US consulate.. however it has been 60 days, the status online says Case is in administrative processing and I have not received my stamped passport thus far

I was never given any slip/ or any 221g.

if anyone has been in this situation can someone please tell me if I endlessly have to wait to get my passport?

I was told to wait for 60 days.. Now that it is 60days, I have no further update from customer service when I call the Mumbai consulate number. How can I escalate my case? how do I know if consulate has even requested for any document or if there is anything I need to do?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Nidhi

Generally, the Embassy has very little say in this. Anyone going for PhD or Master's in Chemical, nuclear or other such STEM programs are routinely flagged for administrative processing. This is done in the US by FBI. It is a manual process and can take long, for common names. There is no option other than to wait. Even for Professors coming to the US on J1 visa are stuck in this process. Embassy has no role in this. You just have to wait.
    Originally posted by nidhiA View Post
    Hi All,

Applied for F1 visa on Aug 6th,Visa was approved in Mumbai US consulate.. however it has been 60 days, the status online says Case is in administrative processing and I have not received my stamped passport thus far

I was never given any slip/ or any 221g.

if anyone has been in this situation can someone please tell me if I endlessly have to wait to get my passport?

I was told to wait for 60 days.. Now that it is 60days, I have no further update from customer service when I call the Mumbai consulate number. How can I escalate my case? how do I know if consulate has even requested for any document or if there is anything I need to do?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Nidhi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X