I-94 did not update online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 did not update online

Earlier, my wife was in an H4 visa in US. Recently, she got F1 visa stamped from Canada and while returning back to US by land, she was given paper I-94 by the CBP officer at border. It's been more than a month and still the I-94 online is not updated. It's still showing the earlier I-94 that she had got when he entered US in H4 visa.

So, I contacted CBP officer through email on my wife's behalf with the same query and asking how to update the online I-94 number and information. They replied saying "Your admission was automatically revalidated."

1.Can someone please clarify what "automatically revalidated" means?
    2.What is my wife's new admit until date? Is there an issue if I-94 online is still showing previous admit until date? My wife's F1 visa expiry date is much later than her previous visa's (H4 visa) expiry date. It shouldn't be a problem if she stays in US after her H4 expiry date right? Worried because the online I-94 still shows H4 visa expiry as 'admit until' date.

Any advice would help!

Originally posted by trojanguy31 View Post
    Earlier, my wife was in an H4 visa in US. Recently, she got F1 visa stamped from Canada and while returning back to US by land, she was given paper I-94 by the CBP officer at border. It's been more than a month and still the I-94 online is not updated. It's still showing the earlier I-94 that she had got when he entered US in H4 visa.

So, I contacted CBP officer through email on my wife's behalf with the same query and asking how to update the online I-94 number and information. They replied saying "Your admission was automatically revalidated."

1.Can someone please clarify what "automatically revalidated" means?
    2.What is my wife's new admit until date? Is there an issue if I-94 online is still showing previous admit until date? My wife's F1 visa expiry date is much later than her previous visa's (H4 visa) expiry date. It shouldn't be a problem if she stays in US after her H4 expiry date right? Worried because the online I-94 still shows H4 visa expiry as 'admit until' date.

Any advice would help!
    1. Automatic revalidation: If you travel to Canada r Mexico for short duration, upon re-entry your I94 is revalidated.
    However, this does not apply to your wife's case, since she re-entered the US in a new visa category.

2. You need to confirm two things: What does the paper I-94 say as the class of visa? If it says H4, then that would explain as to why the date did not change, and it would mean that she is still under H4, and her stay duration would be the same.

Visa expiry date has got nothing to do with how long one can stay in the US. That is why an I94 is issued, which states how long one can stay. F1 students are admitted under D/S category viz., there is no admit until date. As long as they maintain their F1 status, they can stay. So look up in the I94. It should tell you how long your wife can stay in the US.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X