F1 Funding for Fully funded seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Funding for Fully funded seat

I have admission offer for PhD from reputed university with tuition waiver, Research Assistant-ship and stipend that covers my Total expenditure ( ~ 39L Rs) Tuition, Housing and Dining for year plus some ~600$/month. I am confident that I will be able to perform well to sustain the funding throughout the course. However I have invested all my savings in house property in India with current value more than 1.2Cr Rs. So I have only 7.5L Rs savings in my account. My wife who is working in US on H1B visa would be my sponsor as my parents are retired. My parents have some assets in form of shares which could be liquidated in worst case. Bank is offering loan of 30-35 L Rs against my house. I understand, as the admission offer covers all expenses, I may not be asked for financial documents. However I need to show some backup preparation to keep my case strong enough for F1 Visa.
    Question: If I opt for loan of 25L Rs and show the bank statement of 7L will it be good enough financial preparation?

That would be a questions for a Financial or Tax Advisor.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X