Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 Visa application after H1b extension denial

Hello All,

I need help regarding F2 visa application for my self.

I am working on H1b currently and yesterday only I got to know that my H1b extension has been denied by USCIS and I just have 2 weeks to depart. However my wife is studying here on F1 visa and pursuing her CPT along with her college. She has already applied for her F1 OPT EAD around 42 days ago and waiting for that.

I would like to understand how feasible it is to apply for F2 as soon as I land in India. Will there be any questioning by USCIS, with they take my case otherwise. How to deal with this situation. Can someone guide on this.

Hello Guys,

Could you please help me on this. Also let me know how feasible it is t apply for F2 visa when my wife is pursuing her school along with her part time job. Also she has an offer letter with her for full time job.

Comment

Originally posted by rnd View Post
      Hello Guys,

Could you please help me on this. Also let me know how feasible it is t apply for F2 visa when my wife is pursuing her school along with her part time job. Also she has an offer letter with her for full time job.
      Hello,
      I am replying to you....out of courtesy.
      In my opinion and I'm not a lawyer ; you should be able to apply for an F2 visa because you did not do anything wrong while in the US and obeyed the laws. Since your wife has an F1 ; you should be able to apply...and in the interview you can stress that you obeyed all the laws and when USCIS asked you to leave, you left...plus...indicate that your wife too has a legitimate visa, plus has a job offer and being without her is hard...
      At the very least you should be heard, and so good luck to you ; hope you get your F2 interview soon and the visa thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by vinniemak View Post
        Hello,
        In my opinion and I'm not a lawyer ; you should be able to apply for an F2 visa because you did not do anything wrong while in the US and obeyed the laws. Since your wife has an F1 ; you should be able to apply...and in the interview you can stress that you obeyed all the laws and when USCIS asked you to leave, you left...plus...indicate that your wife too has a legitimate visa, plus has a job offer and being without her is hard...
        At the very least you should be heard, and so good luck to you ; hope you get your F2 interview soon and the visa thereafter.
        Thanks a ton for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by vinniemak View Post
          Hello,
          Agree with this. A good advice. Good luck.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X