F1, can I stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1, can I stay?

I will apply for a 'change in the status' from a B2 to F1. My I-94 expires on July 13, so planning to apply om 1st week of July. Now, can I stay here until the USCIS approves my application? or I have to leave on July 13, that is, the day my I-94 expires? Can anyone answer this? I have been searching for it on the USCIS official website, but I can't find the exact lines.

Regards

Once you file, AND uscis receives your application, youll be able to stay which is why i dont think that date is good.
    If for any reason there is anyhting wrong with the application and USCIS returns it youre out of luck..............youre pushing it way too close...........to b eon the safe side why not send it now? yopu wont gain an advantage by waiting another 2 weeks.......give yourself enough time and do it now

Comment

BTW when are you planning to start school?...........not in Fall right?

Comment

...what happened to the extension?

Comment

Thanks

I did not withdraw my application for an extension, for which I have the reciept now. I will obtain the I-20 from Kaplan... so the starting date is right after I get an approval for an F1.

Thanks once again for your time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X