X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Denied after Approved while attending school

Hello All,
    Below is my case i need urgent help.
    it is long to read but please read it and suggest me how should I move further:

1. I was graduating in December 2018.
    2. I applied for the initial OPT. The USCIS received the application on Oct 2, 2019.
    3. Unfortunately, I had to extend my studies for one more semester.
    4. So, I sent the OPT withdrawal letter to the USCIS Potomac center. They received it on Nov 5, 2018.
    5. No action Taken by USCIS on withdrawal notice.
    6. Again, I sent the OPT withdrawal letter to USCIS Potomac center. USCIS received it on Dec 3, 2018.
    7. The USCIS approved my OPT on Dec 2, 2018 (Got to know by visiting USCIS Field Office)
    8. On Dec 7, 2018 I got my EAD Card.
    9. On Dec 13, 2018, my case status changed to ?Correspondence Was Received And USCIS Is Reviewing It?.
    10. But by this time, I was willing to continue my OPT so I called USCIS representative on 800 375 5283 on Jan 3, 2019, to cancel my request for OPT withdrawal who gave me a confirmation number stating that they will not take any further action on my OPT withdrawal.
    11. I created the SEVP account on Feb 2, 2019. The SEVP account was functional for a few days but then SEVP removed my authorization to access my account.
    12. I called USCIS and got an update that my OPT is in approved status.
    13. I met DSO (international advisor) and then DSO requested SEVP to activate my account again.
    14. On 28th of February, SEVP replied to DSO that I must contact USCIS directly to discuss this case.
    15. March 1, 2019, I called USCIS representative who said that my OPT is still in the approved state.
    16. I cannot access my SEVP portal and cannot update my employment.

How should I proceed further? And who should I contact now?

Thanks and Regards,
    Anand Jat

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X