Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extention for L-2 visa,or change to F-1 visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extention for L-2 visa,or change to F-1 visa?

I have a question about my son .I recieved L-2 visa extention for him just until 01/20/2007 (my husband has l-1 extention until 06/01/2008), he will be 21 on this date.Now he applyed for college submittion for the Winter to Fall 2007 Session, and recieved student identification number .
    Do I need to file extention for L-2 visa,or I have to change to F-1 visa.
    Could he apply for social security number on L-2 visa?

Originally posted by orlov012
    I have a question about my son .I recieved L-2 visa extention for him just until 01/20/2007 (my husband has l-1 extention until 06/01/2008), he will be 21 on this date.Now he applyed for college submittion for the Winter to Fall 2007 Session, and recieved student identification number .
    Do I need to file extention for L-2 visa,or I have to change to F-1 visa.
    Could he apply for social security number on L-2 visa?
    I think you should confirm this with an immigration attorney but as I understand it, he would have to file for F-I. After 01/20/2007, he wont be eligible for L2 ( becasue he will no longer be a dependent "child") so unless he has another visa type, his stay would become illegal after that date. The school gav ehim the student number based on his current visa status but after 01/20/2007, that status will chnage.......howeevr an change has to be don ebefore ( filing of the aplication, that is) before his current status expires. As for the social, yes, he could get a number ...pity you waited this long though

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X