Passport Validity...!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Validity...!!

I am supposed to attend my F1 Visa Interview in the coming May 07.

I have got admission for FALL 2007, for which the course may extend till Dec 2009. Considering the OPT time it should go up to Dec 2010.

But my Passport will expire in Jan 2010

1) will this be a problem for me during my scheduled visa interview in May 07.

2) Will I face any problem in getting my passport renewed when I am in OPT?

Please respond...

Deepak K V

Hi

Nothing to worry...the US consulate required documents list clearly stipulates as follows with respect to the validity of a passport. : "If your passport will expire within six months, we strongly recommend you extend the validity prior to your interview date".

Here the interpretation is that should ur PP expire within the coming 06 months then u better get a new one before approching the consulate for a visa. As ur PP expires in 2010 u are ok as far as ur visa interview is concerned....In any case applying for a new passport from the Indian Embassy located in a foreign land is a common thing. U dont need to come to India for a PP. U can apply for one in the US. so dont fret and perform well on ur D day...good luck

Hafeez

Comment

Thanks..

Thank you very much for your soothing reply..Then it is fine..

Comment

Similar Problem...

Hi, I have a similar problem. Since I have an admit for a PhD, the maximum period of study is given as 31/08/2013 but my passport expires on 06/08/2013. The F1 visa instruction says that the passport should be valid for the entire period of study.

Will I need to renew my passport or request for a new I20?

Please respond

Regards,
        Kirthi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X