F1 to immigration journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to immigration journey

I am a US citizen and wish to file immigration for my >21 yrs single sister.
    She is in US on F1 and having completed her MS, still awaiting a job offer. She has appeared in number of interviews, no success so far. I hear about this whole immigration debate in senate and how they are going to make family re-unification even tougher. I interpret that as limiting issuing GC's to parents and siblings.

I do not wish to lose the oppurtunity of filing for her GC petition before this bill gets approved.

However, I am not sure if that will interfere as an 'intent to immigrate' while she holds an EAD for her potential OPT. Or on the same lines , will my filing her GC interfere as 'intent to immigrate' with a potential employer who wants to file her H1B ?

Really appreciate any help in understanding this situation. Thanks.

You need to check with a lawyer on this. But if an employer does H1, then the process of greencard may become void or vice-versa. Am not very sure on this but I am 100% sure you cannot be in between one of them becomes void. Double check on this.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

I meant one of them becomes void.Just check on this.
      Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X