Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funding

[COLOR="Green"]SIR,
    IAM WRITING THIS FOR MY SON.HE GOT SELECTED FOR MS COURSE IN CHICAGO UNIVERSITY WITH FULL SCHLORSHIP nd part time job in the university as RESEARCH ASSISTANT WITH STIEPEND.
    THIS WILL MEET ALL MY EXPENSES THERE.
    ONE OF MY COUSIN IN NEWYORK GIVEN THE FUNDING SPONSORSHIP ALSO.

MY QUESTION IS

IS IT NECESSARY TO CARRY THE ORIGINAL BANK STATEMENT OF THIS COUSIN TO THE CONSULATE FOR INTERVIEW?
    IF IT IS SO,ONLY LAST 6 MONTH'S STATEMENT IS NEEDED?

THIS UNIVERSITY NEED IELTS ONLY AND HE PASSED WITH 7.5 SCORE
    IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH?

PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATELY.
    THANKS,
    DR.THOMAS MATHEW

email [email protected]

I strongly recommend carrying the original bank statement and you should make sure that the bank statement shows amount which equals to the tution fees. So if you tution fee is 20000$ for the whole year which includes books,room..you should show a bank statement with 20000$ even though your son may have scholarship or accomodation taken care of. This will show and convince the officer that you can take care of yourself and not depending on just the scholarship.
    The other thing which I am not sure of is, whether it would be ok to show the cousin sponsoring him rather than own father. I dont think this should be an issue, you can always say I guess that my uncle or etc is sponsoring me. But please do carry original documents and lets say your visa date is on Aug 1st 2007, it is good to have bank transactions dated from Feb 2007 - Aug 2007...this is last 6 months prior to the visa date.This has been the norm and this is good to carry, at the same time they may never even ask your son about this. Since your son has a scholarship he shouldnt have problems. I was in a similar case had scholarship and stuff, the visa officer didnt really bother to ask about my bank statement or anything. But yes carry your original bank statement and transactions too. Hope this helps
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X