F1 visa rejected - need urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa rejected - need urgent help

My brother attended his visa interview on July 17 2007. he applied for MS for fall semester.

the consular saw his forms, mark sheets and degree certificate. he had backlogs in his B.E.

the consular said he can't be granted visa, b'coz he has backlogs.

my brother tried to explain the consular, but the consular didn't listen and told him to leave.

he is planning to attend again for his interview in the coming days. can anyone tell what he has to tell for the backlogs?

waiting for reply. it will be gratefull if anyone helps.

Similar case

Hi

The same happened with my sis too. She has been admitted to MBA program.
    She appeared for interview at the US Consulate in Delhi.
    The visa officer asked her for her TOEFL n GMAT scores. She has got a very good score in TOEFL but didn't appear for GMAT as this was not a requirement for her university. He then asked if she has a job experience. But she has just graduated and has received her final year mark sheet only 2 days back. He was not ready to listen to any kind of explanations whatsoever and rejected her visa saying that eh doesn't find my sis to be a credible student.

Well, even she plans to go for the interview again. Do we need to deposit the SEVIS fee ($100) again or is the earlier SEVIS receipt still valid?

And yes, good luck to your brother for the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahhop
      Hi

The same happened with my sis too. She has been admitted to MBA program.
      She appeared for interview at the US Consulate in Delhi.
      The visa officer asked her for her TOEFL n GMAT scores. She has got a very good score in TOEFL but didn't appear for GMAT as this was not a requirement for her university. He then asked if she has a job experience. But she has just graduated and has received her final year mark sheet only 2 days back. He was not ready to listen to any kind of explanations whatsoever and rejected her visa saying that eh doesn't find my sis to be a credible student.

Well, even she plans to go for the interview again. Do we need to deposit the SEVIS fee ($100) again or is the earlier SEVIS receipt still valid?

And yes, good luck to your brother for the interview.

SEVIS fee is valid i believe.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply.
        What we are planning at this stage is that she take her GMAT and then appear for the interview on the very next day. She will be carrying along with her a print out of the score report that is generated immediately after the test. Do you have any idea if this is OK? We wanted to wait for the result to be sent to us by mail but that might take around 20 days and she hardly is left with any time before her classes start in August.
        What do u suggest? Is it okay to carry the unofficial score report to the visa office?

Comment

My guess is they will want the official score when they ask you to arranged your documents. Why not try in the next semester.
          Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X