Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 student want to call Parents...Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 student want to call Parents...Help!!

Hi everyone,

I am here in USA studyin on F1 student visa. Currently enrolled in cpt program. I would like to call my Dad from india just for a visit. I have my brother studing also here in US on F1 status.
    I would like to know if I need to take any official documents from my university stating my father's visit to US?
    I have already sent copy of my(n my brother's) visa, I20, passport to my Dad for the visa application.
    Please provide me with your additional inputs, past experience, what all documents to take for the visa, etc.

Thanks,
    Ramakant.

I think you should ask your school and they will give you a prove that you are studying in their school. Because there are some students they don't studying anymore but they still have their visa and their I20 form.

Originally posted by aadivasi
    Hi everyone,

I am here in USA studyin on F1 student visa. Currently enrolled in cpt program. I would like to call my Dad from india just for a visit. I have my brother studing also here in US on F1 status.
    I would like to know if I need to take any official documents from my university stating my father's visit to US?
    I have already sent copy of my(n my brother's) visa, I20, passport to my Dad for the visa application.
    Please provide me with your additional inputs, past experience, what all documents to take for the visa, etc.

Thanks,
    Ramakant.

Comment

B2 Visa

You can invite your Father to stay with you for few months. The visa he should be applying is B-2. The documents needed for the application at the Consulate are:
      ...DOS Form DS-156, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
      ...DOS Form DS-157, Supplemental Nonimmigrant Visa Application, for all male applicants between the ages of 16 and 45
      ...A copy of your Fathers passport which is valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the U.S. and with at least one blank page
      ...Two identical color photographs showing full face without head covering against a light background. You may wear a headdress if required by a religious order of which you are a member
      ...Letters of invitation from your friends or relatives in the U.S.
      ...A copy of your tour itinerary
      ...Documentation demonstrating your ability and intention, or that of your friends or relatives in the U.S., to support your Fathers travel and other expenses
      ...Documentation establishing your personal status such as marriage certificates, letters confirming your employment, bank statements, and pay slips etc.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X