Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doubts regrding the online DS 156

Hi frens,
    I am planning to pursue research at US, and received my I-20 2 days back. I decided to go for the onine visa application process. I filled the DS-156, DS-157 and DS-157 forms, I also paid the SEVIS fee.. I did not have a printer attached, and so, I saved every form mentioned above (in its mhtml format i.e. as it appears on the webpage) and decided to print it later at an internet cafe. ( by the way, I must mention that my application process could not be completed because there were no interview dates available at that point..hence I am allowed to access the account till I find an an available date.. Thus my forms are accessible to me till then )

I understand from the inormation provided at

that when the online DS form is printed, it must mandatorily contain the barcode as well as the HDFC receipt number.. Now my problem is - I have checked my online forms as well as the saved copies of the same, and both of them dont contain the HDFC receipt number. Also, on the right hand side of the page 1 of the form, above the space left for affixing photograph, I find a blank column with the word 'barcode' in bold letters .. there is no real barcode as such over there..

I would be really happy if someone can help me with how to proceed...

you dont have to save them as html.

what you can do is log back into vfs site and retrive application then download documents. these will be in pdf format and complete for printing.

I jjust realized you have not taken an appointment yet. You will not be able to complete these steps till appoinment is taken. The applications will lose data on 7th day so you will have to fill these up every week till you are able to secure an appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X