Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any personal opinions on selecting a right University for my Master's Degree !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any personal opinions on selecting a right University for my Master's Degree !!!!!!

Hi, I got I-20's from 3 different Universities, They are University of New-Haven, University of Bridgeport, and Oklahoma City University. Out of those 3 Universities, Oklahoma City University has offerend me $4000 as scholarship but the other 2 Universities are not giving any scholarshi. So i am in a confusion and i need your valuable personal opinions/suggestions guyz. Thanks guyz and i really appreciate your help if you could help me with the University selection.

I would go with Oklahoma City university and am not sure which program you are joining.But the scholarship is good to have because that will show on your i-20 and it can make things easy for the visa too. Were these universities offered by Visu consultants? These guys know nothing other than Bridgeport and all this. You can always change universities after the first semester if you are not satisfied after coming here. All the best!
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

Hi Topcatin, ur suggestion helps a lot and u even made it easy for us to decide. Thank you so much.
      Last edited by mallik_msin; 10-17-2007, 07:02 AM.

Comment

No probs glad it helped...All the best. The reason I said it will make things easy for visa is when a university grants you 4000$, that is reserved for you and when you dont use it, they cannot assign it to someone else or use it for any other purpose.This is the norm in most universities from what I have heard and come across. And if the visa-officer pulls you down, 4000$ is a loss to the university so they normally wont pull down people with scholarsips.This does not mean if you dont have scholarship it makes it hard for the visa. But it is a good thing to get a scholarship be it full aid or some aid and have that on your i-20.
        Last edited by topcatin; 10-17-2007, 08:46 AM.
        Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X