Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying F1

Hello everyone,

I obtained my F1 visa in Aug,2001 for 5 years and I initially came here for M.S. I have continued for PhD in 2003 and visited India every two years. My F1 expired in Jul,2006 but my I-20 is valid until Dec,2008.The real problem is that I have applied for Canadian PR this Oct and expecting to get it by Oct,2008.
    Once I get my PR, I have to go to Canada for Visa stamping and my questions are related to this:
    1) Since my F1 expired, Can I come back to US after PR stamping, without needing an F1 visa.? (i.e is there any such relaxation to CAN PRs that you know of ?)
    2) Is it advisable to get my F1 visa stamping in India or Canada next year i.e in Oct 2008, or would it be too late? (since that would be two years after visa expiry).
    3)My wife was refused F2 last year for the first attempt (she got it for the 2nd attempt though) and the reason for refusal was " your husband went to US for MS, didn't come back, now is doing PhD, what is the guarantee that he wouldn't settle there?" What are the chances of getting my visa after my wife had faced this situation? (even after providing the evidence of ties).

PS: I wanted to get my F1 stamping only if it were necessary to go to India.

Thank you all for reading such a long thread. Any suggestions would help me a lot and thanks so much in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X