X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help Complicate Situation

Hi
    I'm from Bulgaria (Europe) and i would like to let u know about my case :
    I came to the USA (Los Angeles) in october 2003 , as a F1 student visa.
    I had the visa for 2 months .After that i tried to apply for an extension but i didn't succeded. So, i decided to stay in the USA just like that.My visa expired , so i was out of status.I lived and worked in the USA since january 2004 until november 2007, as an illegal alien.
    When i left (in the begining of december 2007) USA , i didn' t surrender my I-94 card because i lost my passport together with the I-94 card. Instead i had a travel document from the Embassy of Bulgaria in USA in order to get to Bulgaria (my home country) because i didn't have a passport anymore.
    VERY IMPORTANT : Somebody told me that if i do not surrender my I-94 card
    when i leave USA and i dont use my passport in order to leave the country , MAYBE i have a chance to get another visa for USA in the future , because if the immigration service does not have I-94 card then it is possible for me to get another visa in the future without problems as long as they do not have the record (I-94 card )of me overstaying my visa .
    What chances do i have to get to USA without problems?
    What kind a visa do you recommend for my case ?

Thank you for your time ,

The airlines provide a "passenger's manifest/list" with the information on every person on board to DHS/USCIS.

So, USCIS KNOWS that you overstayed your visa and were out of status for all of that time. Also You can not expect to "lie" or "circumvent" your penalty.

You worked illegaly and stayed illegaly in the USA and it will be VERY hard for you to obtain a visa.

Also consider that since your departure in 2007, because of your overstay of more than 1 year, you triggered a 10 year ban from returning to the USA.

So, if you plan on applying for any kind of visa, wait until 2018.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X