Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 reinstatement- in deep trouble please help

Problem:

1. I am Grad student on my F1 supposed to graduated Dec07, but could not meet requirements and now applying for my F1 reinstatement. I have already applied for my OPT which has not been approved yet and the start date of my OPT is jan 15th,08. Now I have been advised by my DSO to go ahead and write up a letter to UCIS to cancel my application for OPT. Second thing she wants me to do is go ahead and apply for reinstatement back to F1.
    Now my semester (one I will be enrolling in) will end May 19,2008 and if my reinstatement comes after this date I will not be able to apply for my OPT.

Ques.
    1. I am applying for reinstatement back to F1 status this month Jan,08, can I parallely apply for H1B in april,2008 quota based on my Bachelors or is that going to be an issue because one one hand I am requesting reinstatement back to F1 and on another I am applying to H1B ?
    2. What if my reinstatement is denied ( I would have graduated by then, my graduation is due May 19th, 2008)
    3. What if my reinstatement approval comes beyond May 19th,08, am I required to take more courses to maintain my F1 status so that I can file for my OPT later on and then my H1.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X