Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on something for me. My girlfriend currently came to the USA originally on an student visa. After getting her associates degree, she obtained an OPT visa. Her OPT visa expires next month and I was wondering what options she might have to not get sent back to her home country.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ThDrkPoet; 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM.

Is she working now?

If she wants to work or obtain a H1 visa, I recommend searching for jobs related to her field in non-profit organizations,Universities. She can file her H1 from these organizations as they exempt from the H1 CAP.higheredjobs.com is a good site for uni jobs.

OR
    taking Kaplan classes to maintain her F1 status is an option.This has to be done before her OPT expires.Kaplan has such conditions,best is to call them.

OR

Join a university for a course which I think may be hard now since she doesnt have much time,but call the university of interest and find out.
    Note that this is not a legal advice. Consult your immigration attorney for the best upto-date information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X