Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Subject: Need counsel on M-1 visa for pilot training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: Need counsel on M-1 visa for pilot training.

Hello friends,

Next month I am planning go to the US Consulate, Kolkata to get my M-1 visa for pilot training course in the US. I am calling for some advices from those who are well-informed regarding M-1 visa application with aviation.

Here is my case:

I have been studying aviation (mainly ground studies associated with flight simulator course) for the past four years as distant learning student and completed all required FAA private and instrument rating theories. A Chief Flying Instructor and my sponsor who is also a regular employee to a pilot training school (where I will be trained) has been giving me ground briefing over the Internet since 2004. He sent me all the necessary books, flight simulators, charts, flight computers, and other study materials from the US via courier in India. Moreover we have exchanged almost 200 educational messages, notes etc via Internet up to now and I have print outs of all of these in my file. I have confusion that how I can convince the Consular Officer that I have been a student of aviation for years and already completed one third portion of my proposed course following the same FAA course curriculum. What document(s) I may provide from my certified flight instructor and my intending pilot school so that the whole arrangements would be convincing to the Consular officer.

One more problem: I am graduated this year but I didn’t enroll to any institution in India. The DS-156 form requires that you should mention your present Institution’s name and address.

My question is: Can I input the name of my future pilot school on the form as you know I have been a distance learning student to a CFI of that school for a long time. Then, what documents should I bring from my pilot school in order to establish the fact before the consular officer?

I didn’t take TOEFL as my school didn’t ask for it and I am quite comfortable with English. Throughout the course I have studied many US publications and books but I didn’t encounter any problem with the language. It is important to have TOEFL scorecard?

Do you think there is a chance of getting M-1 visa in my case?

Please reply me as early as possible. I will be grateful throughout my life if anyone comes forward to give me some tips and advices.

Anay
    Kolkata, West Bengal.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X