X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me Davesworld26

Hi Davesworld26

It is nice to get your reply.But, could you please clarify my two doubts:

1) What did the counsellor asked you over in visa interview?
    2) What did the POE officer asked you over at your status?

Regards

Soumen

Well i came back to india well within my period of stay in US and i had no problems with it....he just asked me...so you have been in the US before? i said yea.. and thats it..he issued me the visa.i had no questions asked at the port of entry eighter..but then like i said though i had a visa which was valid till 2010 i still had to apply for a fresh F-1 visa .. because u will have a problem at the POE ...

Originally posted by soumenc
    Hi Davesworld26

It is nice to get your reply.But, could you please clarify my two doubts:

1) What did the counsellor asked you over in visa interview?
    2) What did the POE officer asked you over at your status?

Regards

Soumen

Comment

Please help me Davesworld26

Originally posted by Davesworld26
      Well i came back to india well within my period of stay in US and i had no problems with it....he just asked me...so you have been in the US before? i said yea.. and thats it..he issued me the visa.i had no questions asked at the port of entry eighter..but then like i said though i had a visa which was valid till 2010 i still had to apply for a fresh F-1 visa .. because u will have a problem at the POE ...
      Hello Davesworld26

Well, it is so pleasure to get your reply.But, I have certain points:-

1) I have also valid visa till 1st September 2009.Only problem is I was out of status for 180 days.So, I think they will also asked me the same questions as they asked for you about my previous staying in US.

2) I have also applied for fresh I-20 and my University is sending me a new one soon.Thereafter, I shall apply for fresh F-1 visa to the Calcutta US Consulate.I think I shall get the fresh F-1 Visa.

3) At this moment I confessed you all my views.Now,can you help me to give your anymore experience over in this Issue/Situation.

I really appreciate your replies.In fact, I check Immihelp forum twice daily for your reply.Please, I need your usefull suggestions.

Regards,

Soumen

Comment

You told me you overstayed in US.. this might not go in favor of you when u appear for the interview... having a valid visa stamp in you're passport ONLY allows you to go till the port of entry.. since you have been out of status you will be for sure deported back to India @ the POE...so you will have to re appear for the Visa interview,go thru all the procedures you went thru,the first time you went to the US and have a really good explanation to give you're VO when he asks you for the reason's you over stayed..all the best

Originally posted by soumenc
        Hello Davesworld26

Well, it is so pleasure to get your reply.But, I have certain points:-

1) I have also valid visa till 1st September 2009.Only problem is I was out of status for 180 days.So, I think they will also asked me the same questions as they asked for you about my previous staying in US.

2) I have also applied for fresh I-20 and my University is sending me a new one soon.Thereafter, I shall apply for fresh F-1 visa to the Calcutta US Consulate.I think I shall get the fresh F-1 Visa.

3) At this moment I confessed you all my views.Now,can you help me to give your anymore experience over in this Issue/Situation.

I really appreciate your replies.In fact, I check Immihelp forum twice daily for your reply.Please, I need your usefull suggestions.

Regards,

Soumen
        Last edited by Davesworld26; 03-09-2008, 10:30 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X