Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• student visa or tourist visa??

Hi,

I am here in the US on L1. My sister plans to come over on a student visa to do her masters late this year or early next year.
    Right now we are planning for her to come over to US to visit me.
    Is there any type of student visa wherein she can come here to search for colleges and go back and apply? or should we apply for a tourist visa now and a student visa later?
    If we apply for a tourist visa now will that have any impact on her student visa processing later?

Thanks in advance.
    Shanks

Apply for a B2 visa, and come to the USA to visit and find a college. Find one, get an I-20, go back home and apply for an F1 visa.
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

No impact whatsoever on the F1 if a B2 is processed

If we do this, this would not have any detrimental effect on the chances of getting an F1 right?
      or will it be more beneficial?

Thanks,
      Shanks.

Comment

No negative impact.

If you actually use the B2 to find a college, and go back home to apply for F1. It will show you respect the system.
        Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X