Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i change my visa Status i.e H4 to J1 or H3

Hi there,

I am on H4 visa status right now, I am trying to study here and I am really interested in taking up Psychology courses with University of Pheonix. Unfortunately they accept the following visas only:-

A1, A2, E1, E2, G1 though 5, H1-A, H1-B, H1B1, H1c, H2A, H-2B, H3, I, J1, J-2, L-1 A&B, O-1, O-2, Q, R-1, TC, TN, V-1, V-2

This has really been bothering me, my question is that is there any possibility that I can Convert or Change my H4 Visa status to the above mentioned status.

Please help me. I will really be Grateful to you.

Thank you.

Amazing ...

... H4 visa holders are allowed to study in United States. You may want to do a little checking up before you change your visa status.

Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Janya
      Hi there,

I am on H4 visa status right now, I am trying to study here and I am really interested in taking up Psychology courses with University of Pheonix. Unfortunately they accept the following visas only:-

A1, A2, E1, E2, G1 though 5, H1-A, H1-B, H1B1, H1c, H2A, H-2B, H3, I, J1, J-2, L-1 A&B, O-1, O-2, Q, R-1, TC, TN, V-1, V-2

This has really been bothering me, my question is that is there any possibility that I can Convert or Change my H4 Visa status to the above mentioned status.

Please help me. I will really be Grateful to you.

Thank you.
      You can study on H4 fine but you may not assume TA/RA postitions. I think the university forgot to add H4 in their list.

Try other state universities in your state. You might get in-state tuition if your state allows H4 to pay in-state as many do. University of Pheonix, I think, is expensive. Just a suggestion.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

My wife is a H4 holder. She had undergone training as a Sleep Technologist and passed the relevant test of AStep Module. Can she work in US as a trainee by obtaining or converting present H4 to H3 (Trainee Visa)
        Last edited by vnswamy_1963; 12-12-2008, 07:12 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X