problem on changing F2 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem on changing F2 to F1

Hello, every one. Curently I have F1 visa and my wife has F2 visa. My wife got admission from West Virginia University and sent all application material to change F2 to F1 to Vermont Service Center.We got the receipt from USCIS and it says the material was received on Dec 10, 2007.But until now, my wife's case is still pending, and we donot get anything from USCIS. I was told that there is no general estimated normal processing time by USCIS cutomer service. So we are worried about our material. Is there any way we can contact Vermont Service Center or does anybody have some good suggestion about this ? I appreciate for your help.

You just have to wait for the COS approval or as an alternative go to the nearby consulate and get the F1 visa stamp. As F2 visa has already established non-immigrant visa intent earlier, changing to F1 by means of visa stamp might be easier.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      You just have to wait for the COS approval or as an alternative go to the nearby consulate and get the F1 visa stamp. As F2 visa has already established non-immigrant visa intent earlier, changing to F1 by means of visa stamp might be easier.
      Thank you for your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X