• Show
Clear All

• Student (F and M Visa) and Exchange Visitor (J Visa) Annual Update

Complete details at
    http://www.immihelp.com/articles/200...al-update.html
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

J1 4th time!!! DV Lottery 4th year?????????????

okay this gotta be so odd, first, does some1 knows where can i find out about the limitations or restrictions for been applying J1???
    here is my case. J1 no subject to INA 212(e).

last week i applied for J1 Visa for 4th time but also always coming back to my home country with NOT over staying at all last 3 times/years.
    i also wanna mention that i've been applying for the (DV) Lottery for the last 4 or 5 years, every year since my country can participate.

well last week in my interview the officer was getting all my paper work but than later she just stop looking at my paper work, keyboarding on her computer than she came with "hooo seems that you have applied for 2008(DV) Lottery” (while i have applied since 4 or 5 years back to 2008) than she just went like, “i am sorry you are not illegible for a visa cause you are in the (DV) Lottery"... but than gave me a paper with 214(b)??? i still have the same "strong ties to my country" or even more than years before (i mean what’s the difference of the last 3 times applying for J1 but also the DV and always got my J1??? (did i win DV or what? hahaha yea right) anyways the last 4 years DV Lottery Instructions (pdf) page 9 chapter 29 says "PERSONS WHO ARE ALREADY RIGISTRERED FOR AN INMIGRANT VISA IN ANOTHER CATEGORY MAY APPLY FOR DV PROGRAM" or am I interpreting that wrongly???

i didn’t say nothing but take my papers and walk away , well why this frikin year they are finding that i have applied for (DV) Lottery when in every year back to 2008 i have applied for DVs as well applying every summer J1 without any problem!!! i wonder if my husby has something to do with it, since he is in DV too but not applying for a visa now.
    my sponsor told me that i can still apply again and see if i can still get my J1 but honestly I don’t wanna waste more money since they might be blacklisted me or something but also I don’t wanna get worst my file/profile/visa or whatever in them system and get refused it again.

well hope some one have an idea, thoughts or help would be very thankful.

Thanks to all…
    Last edited by artie; 04-22-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X