Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding Affidavit of support

Hello immihelp,

My brother is applying for F-1 visa and in his I-20, the sponsor is listed as family. I'm his sister who is on H1-B in the US and while applying for his I-20 to the school, i've showed my bank statements.

For his visa interview, my parents are showing their bank statements and property and i'm sending my bank statement as well.

I have a question regarding the Affidavit of support...in this case, do my parents and myself both have to fill I-134 forms as sponsors?

Also, how many months of bank statements are to be shown by my parents and myself?

Please advice. Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello Sir,

Please advice ASAP as the date is fast approaching and i need to prepare the document soon.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Very urgent - please reply

Hello Sir,

This is very urgent as i need to prepare documents accordingly before this Friday. Please reply ASAP.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I dont see a problem having you as an additional sponsor on top of your parents' sponsorship. That will make it a bit stronger and also would collectively show a bigger sum of finances. I think bank statements for the past 6 months should be sufficient. Are you/your brother taking any professional help for VISA preparation? I think that will help a lot. All the best!

Comment

Thanks a lot santykale for the valuable advice. I'll send my bank statements accordingly. So, no I-134 is required, right?

Regarding professional help, we are not taking any. I came her to the US on F1 and so we are preparing the paperwork on similar lines.

Thank you for your wishes. I hope and wish my brother gets F1 visa.

Thanks again!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X