Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor to sudent

hi everyone

Is it possible to convert visitor visa to student visa? I am in status in the USA and my I 84 expires next month

thank you one and all for you inputs

Depends. You can provided you apply for COS and have an I20. You may face problems during stamping of F1 at a later date if you do that with prior intent.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It will be very difficult to COS from a visitor visa to a student visa unless you specifically notified the POE officer of your intentions and that he stamped your I-94 allowing such change.

Otherwise it will likely be denied, you will be out of status and your visitor visa cancelled. I have seen it happen several times. You are better off applying for an F1 visa at your home.
      Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X