Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 and on medical leave.

Hello Everyone,
    I have a valid F1 visa and I-20 from University A. But after a semester, I was not able to resume my studies in Univ. A because of a medical condition. I was a full time student in Fall 2007. I did not take any classes in Spring 2008. Now I want to transfer from Univ A to Univ. B. Questions are:
    1. Do I have to take summer classes since I did not take Spring 2008 classes to keep my student status. I know you can take medical leave of absence for a semester.
    2. Since I do not want to go back to Univ A and I want to transfer to Univ B, what do I need to do?

I know this is complicated but I'm hoping someone here will have some answers.

Your university would have updated your sevis record to say that you are no longer in status and would require a re-instatement on your student status by applying to USCIS or by going outside and re-entering. You may have to get a new sevis ID number if you want to transfer to the new university.

The university international student advisor should be the best person to talk to about the procedure.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X