Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa

Hello,

I am an international student in USA. I have a weird question and I would really appreciate if you can help me with it. I am working on campus and taking full-course at the same time. I follow the restrictions strictly - I never work more than 20 hours per week. However, my university's time cards cover a time period from 24 of the previous month to 24 of the current month. If you take a closer look at the calendar, this means that every pay period is not 4 weeks, but 4 weeks plus 1 incomplete week. So even though I work 20 hours per week, at the end my time card shows more than 80 hours, because of these extra days in the pay period.

Do you think this is a problem? I've read many official documents and all
    they say is that I am not allowed to work more than 20 hours per week, but they don't say anything about the number of hours in a month. As far as I know, I haven't broken any rules because I never work more than 20 hours per week, but I'd really appreciate it if I can find official information on this issue.

I have one more question as well, I'm going back home for the summer, but I want to come back in USA in the middle of the summer, because one of my bestfriends here has a birthday and we're planning a road trip and a
    vacation. Am I going to have a problem entering the country before the
    school year officially starts?

Best Regards
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

1. As long as you don't work for more than 20 hours per week, it does not
    matter how many hours that make up in a month.

2. No.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X