X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 rejected-help needed for 2nd attempt

Hello immihelp,

My brother was denied F1 at Chennai Consulate. This is his case:
    He has a C1/D visa and worked for the Merchant Navy.
    He has a bachelor's degree.
    He has a 10yr multiple entry B1/B2 visa.

He got an I-20 from a college for Associate Degree in Computer Science Engineering.

The VO looked at his passport and asked him why does he want to study when he has a C1/D visa and a bachelor's degree. My brother replied that he was interested in doing computer science and studying further. The VO said this is not relevant and rejected.

We'd like to try for 2nd attempt. Please let me know the process. Do we still have drop box facility? His classes for summer start on May 27th.

Any help/advice in this matter is greatly appreciated!

Urgent!

Please advice ASAP, as we need to book the dates for a 2nd appointment. His classes start on May 27th.

Thank you!

Comment

Urgent please!!!

Hello immihelp,

Please please advice ASAP as i have very less time to decide about his 2nd attempt. Is it dropbox or have to attend the visa interview personally again?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Comment

Extremely urgent

Hello,

Anyone please reply ASAP!!! this is very urgent...

Thanks a lot!

Comment

It is not logical to go for an associated degree for someone having a BS. I cannot understand why he applied for that program. It is a waste of money to go backwards.

It does sound like he is coming to work rather than study. It is doubtful that he will get a visa if it has already been denied.

It is not necessary to have an undergraduate degree in the specific area if the BS is similar; the person would have to do remedial work in order to begin an MS, or they could use their existing courses toward another BS.

Comment

Also, you seem to have incorrectly described his reasons for traveling in your previous postings.

Which is the real story?

Comment

Hello C4us,

I don't think i incorrectly stated the reasons in my previous posts.
              Here is his case:
              1. He is a seaman and has a valid C1/D visa that expires in 2009.
              2. He has traveled on this visa to several countries even to the US and returned to India before the scheduled time.
              3. He applied for a visitor visa as my parents had one and were visiting me in last December.
              4. He received a 10 yr Mutliple entry B1/B2 visa.
              5. He came with my parents here and stayed for 4 months when his I-94 was given for 6 months. He went back in April.
              6. While he was here, applied to a school and received I-20 for summer.
              7. Initially, we were hinking of applying a COS from B2 to F1. But, as per some advice in immihelp and attorney, it was safer to go back home and apply for F1 visa.
              8. So, he went back to India and appeared for F1 visa interview.
              9. During the same time, he had to appear for internal exams with his shipping company as well.
              10. So, went back, did both. However, F1 was rejected.
              11. Now, he is thinking of coming back at the end of May on visitor visa and apply for COS from B2 to F1 with a new I-20 for Fall.

Please advice accordingly.

Comment

The likelihood of F1 approval for an associate degree is less.

The reasoning being why would someone with a higher degree go for a lower degree? He could try for a BS in Computers again or a MS admission and get F1 approved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you for the advice, txh1b!

Comment

There are restrictions for COS for B2 to F1. Check them out.

Comment

Can you please provide me any link that descibes these restrictions?

Thanks for ur help!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X