DS 156 -who will pay for your trip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 156 -who will pay for your trip?

DS 156, ques. 28. Who will pay for your trip?

I am being funded by the university in the form of teaching assistantship. This will cover 100% cost (including living, books, etc.) of the study.

So to answer above question, can I just give my university's name?

I think the university pays for your tuition and stipend, if any, AFTER you are here in the U.S. You should write that YOU (Family Funds) would pay for the trip. This essentially asking who will buy the tickets to the U.S. The university does not, I would think.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Originally posted by DMX17
      I think the university pays for your tuition and stipend, if any, AFTER you are here in the U.S. You should write that YOU (Family Funds) would pay for the trip. This essentially asking who will buy the tickets to the U.S. The university does not, I would think.
      Thanks DMX17 for your quick reply. So should I just mention 'self' or should I specify -

'Educational cost (inc. living, etc.) paid by University and travel to US - Self'

Comment

The answer to the question "Who will pay for your trip? " is SELF/Family.
        Check out H1 FAQs first!
        http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

question to Agpiryanka

Agpiryanka: I'd like to ask you a couple questions if you don't mind. Ok, so you say you are fully covered by your university (that is fees, tuition, health insurance, books etc.). When you applied to SISS for a visa, did you apply for a F1 or a J1 visa. Because some say that if one is funded by the school should apply for J1, while others say that in a case like yours (as being funded by the school that you're going to attend) one should apply for F1 visa. Which one did you apply? Did you got your I-20 already? What program are you going to go and in what field, may I ask? Thank you for your answer in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X