Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor for F-1?

Hi,

I am wondering if it will be detrimental to my case if the sponsors for my F-1 visa are the parents of my friends? They are both doctors and have more than enough income and they live in the US. How should I explain that they are my sponsors. My family cannot afford to be my sponsors and I am 31 years old but also cannot afford to sponsor myself.

Also, I am just going for a 1 year certificate program in web development and it will in a small community college. I am a graphic designer but wish to expand myself to include web design. I will have 2 letters from 2 of my employers here stating that they support my furthering my studies and are holding my job for me until I return and also that my studies will help in my current job.

Do you forsee any problems with my application for the F-1 visa?

Thanks for any help!

The financial support may not be the issue but granting a F1 visa for the web certification program that does not grant a degree might be a matter of luck. Unlikely but not impossible.

Good Luck!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, here´s some more background:

The reasoning for doing a 1 year program and at a community college is a community college is a good mix between lower price but still good education so it won´t be impossible for me to pay back the money.

I also never really finished my BA...I studied for 2 years but had
      to drop out to support my family financially - I don´t know if that
      will be a good thing or a bad thing.

Any replies are much appreciated!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X