Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 interview question (please reply)

Hello All,

I really would like to get some feedback as I was scanning through this section, and found out that lot of people get rejected from F1 visa. Ok, in a nutshell: I applied and got accepted, as well as got my I-20 from my university. I have a bank account in the US that shows that I have money on it, as well as I have a letter that is from the department that they would finance my studies as I would be a GSR (graduate student researcher). Oh, and it is a PhD program. I have TOEFL, and GRE where TOEFL is almost maximum, GRE is worse though. I don't have a house or car of my own here in my homecountry (Europe), but I have a letter from my workplace that they wait for me to finish my PhD in the US, and I will go back and work for them then. I also have a part-ownership in a company which I have the proper form to prove that. Hmm...what else...I payed the visa and SEVIS fee, and just about to call the embassy for an interview date, but they're just busy, and have to try and call them back every 5 minute. (no luck yet). Anyway, my question is that what kind of questions can they ask from me? I just have no idea, I'm very new to this. Can anyone put up some questions that are typical at an interview like this? Also, would these be enough evidences that I would like to return here? I have my parents, and my sisters here, and I've been in the States on B1/B2 as well as J2 visa (fulfilled the 2 HRR) a bunch (trough my father) and one of my sister is a USC and they can just see that if I really wanted to imimgrate to the US, I would've had many chances to do that, yet I've never done it. So, would these all be enough evidences that I really want to come back home? These are my two major questions! Please, if you have any idea of them, respond!

Thank you for answering in advance, and thanks for the webmaster to create a useful site like this! It's awesome!
    Take care everyone!

still waiting for some feedback...

Hey peeps...I'm still very anxiously waiting for y'all to respond! Please!
    thank you~

Comment

Dear All,

I still really would like to have some answer. I'm sure some of you have ideas! So many people have gone through the interview, why can't you guys put up some questions that were asked. Please, respond to my questions, I'm nervous! Out of that 82 people who viewed my thread, please at least 1 of you try to give me a detailed information! Thanks

Comment

See the F1 visa section through the homepage of this website, or just search the web. You can also go through previous posts in the F1 visa forum.

Comment

Thank you for your response, but I guess I was too afraid, and I was at the Embassy yesterday, and it was all a "piece of cake". I didn't have to show anything at all...they just simply congratulated me!

Comment

Congratulations on your success of the F1. Since you passed it with flying colours, perhaps you can share your experience of what happened during your interview at the embassy? How long did it take, what questions did they ask, what documents did you prove, etc?

Comment

response to evelim

Hello Evelim,

Well, I'll be totally honest...I was shocked because when I had my turn and walked up to the "teller", the consulate said "congratulations", so I said "thank you". Then he told me to wait since he left my paper somewhere behind, so he walked back somewhere, and came back about 5 minutes later (or less). Then he looked at it, and said again "congratulations". He was an old guy, so I thought he might be a bit off now, and doesn't remember congratulating me earlier, so I just replied again "thank you". Then he raised his hand, and said "bye". I was standing there shocked, but he turned around and left. So, I walked away feeling weird, since I had this huge folder in my hand with all the necessary documents in case he asks for them, but he didn't ask anything at all. Not even where I'm going, or why, or for how long, or anything. So, I cannot give you any information! Good luck to you, hopefully you'll end up getting a VO like that!

Comment

interview question

[QUOTE=sharpy102]Hello Evelim,

hi
                can someone plz reply to me asap .
                My sis is ment to appear for interview on wed from pakistan.
                what prep should she do?
                thanks
                waiting for the reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X