Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Passport with corrected name... will it affect the F1 Visa Interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Passport with corrected name... will it affect the F1 Visa Interview?

Hello Friends,

I congratulate you all for running this great forum. I hope you would solve my inquisitiveness too...

I had booked an f1 visa appointment with my passport. Then I realized that the order of my last name and first name was reversely written in my passport. I canceled my appointment and got my passport rectified. Now I have my new passport with me with my correct name in it. The last page of my new passport says, "OLD PASSPORT CANCELED AND RETURNED". I have booked a new appointment in accordance with this new passport.

I have full financial aid and scholarship from a University in US for my MS. However, I am still concerned about me getting F1 visa and the reason is that last page of my new passport says, "OLD PASSPORT CANCELED AND RETURNED". Will that create a negative impact in the mind of the VISA officer?

I sincerely thank you for hearing me and request you to please reply back.

Regards,
    MTCL

Nope, no problem

Take it easy.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for replying!

Hello Friend,
      Thanks for replying!

I understand that legally I am correct, but there are several misconceptions here in India. They say that US embassy find reasons to reject visas than to find positive points and grant a visa.

Therefore I was looking this as a negative point in my interview.

Anyway, I once again sincerely thank you to reply to me and giving me enough confidence in this regard.

Regards,
      MTCL

Comment

There's no ...

... negative or positive "points".

They go by the rules.

Use advance search in this forum and you'll get a lot of valuable information.

Show them the documentation that they need, like your financials, ties etc. and you'll get your visa.

Try to commit fraud or mislead them and you'll be in trouble.

It's as simple as that!

PS: "Old passport cancelled and returned" is a normal notification. You may wish to take the cancelled passport with you, just in case the VO wants to see it.

Good luck.

Comment

Releived by your reply!

Dear Friend,

I take this opportunity to once again thank you for sparing some valuable time from your busy schedule and replying back to me.

I have all the relevant documents including the funding letter stating full financial support from the university. I also have Financial documents stating land/property assets etc. Now I feel quite confident about the interview and I am looking forward to browse the website for more contents.

Once I would get my visa I would contact you once again.
          Keep in touch.

Regards,
          MTCL

Comment

Got my VISA, thanks dor your support knowledgable

Hello knowledgable,

I got my Visa yesterday.
            I was carefully observing the visa officers window. There was a young girl as the VO about 30 years of age.

I greeted VO with a smile and said, "Good afternoon".
            She said "Hi".
            I passed on my documents and the visa officer said, "So you are going for higher studies in US and the university is paying for this".
            I said, "yes ma'am".
            She said "you will get your visa in 5 working days from today".

I got visa within 10 seconds!!!

I am so glad!

Once again for letting the confidence back in me!

Thanks everyone,
            Regards,
            MTCL
            Last edited by ceomtcl; 07-26-2008, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Wow! That's indeed great.

See, there were no negative or positive sides to it.

Congratulations.

Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Comment

For how long is F1 visa granted?

Dear knowledgable,

Two of my friends who got admits in the same program (two years MS degree) got their F1 visa for 5 years. However, I got my visa for only 2 years.

Even though my course is only for 2 years and my visa has been granted for 2 years so it suffices my needs, but two of my friends have got it for 5 years. Why this discrepancy?

And will it affect me in anyway? Is there any possibility that if i would like to stay in US for some more time, can I be granted some grace period?

Just inquisitive about all this. Do you have any answers to my questions?

Comment

I can't ...

... tell you why the difference in periods for the visas as I am not aware of their specifics and also the things have changed drastically recently.

Anyway, this should not cause any problems to you and you'll be able to extend/renew your stay period as situation requires.

Future extensions will not be any problems to you.

In the meantime, maybe, just maybe you may decide to work in the US and might find a sponsor for H1B visa, which will change everything for you.

Good luck.

Comment

Exactly, H1 visa...

is what I am aiming for. I would like to have sponsor for H1B visa but how and when should I start looking for a sponsor? I have no idea about this.

Are there any job search websites? when should I start applying for? My university is in Texas, will that also help me? I have heard that people get jobs easily in Texas, does location really matters, if yes then how?

I might be firing a lot of questions at you but I feel that you are the one who has always helped me in the times when i needed the most.

Thanks in advance,
                    MTCL

Comment

I'd strongly ...

... advice you to first start your school and get a "feel" of things for sometime before you explore anything else.

That way you'll be more educated about the system and will land a better job than otherwise.

Take care.

Comment

Ok thanks for all the suggesstions

I sincerely thank you for helping me out all the time!

I will have a look at the things in my university and then will make my further moves.

I shall keep in touch with you all the time for any help.

Regards,
                        MTCL

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X