Tourist Visa Refused But Applying For Student Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist Visa Refused But Applying For Student Visa

Hi. Would like to know if there is anyone out there who can share any advise or stories regarding any case where his/her application for B1/B2 visa was refused and was approved later on for F1 visa. I was recently denied for a tourist visa. I am planning on studying in the US by January next year and would like to know what my chances of being issued a student visa are. Does consul usually take into consideration previous refusals of b1/b2 visas when issuing a student visa?
    I hope someone can help regarding this matter. Thanks everyone!

You surely did harm your future student visa application and prospects by applying for the tourist visa and getting denied. The yardstick for tourist visa and student visa are the same: non-immigrant intent. If you failed to prove that in the past, then it'll be difficult to convince then to change their stance in future without a significant change in your circumstances.

However, certain factors like excellent academic background, high GRE score, choice of university and if funding is available or not might make a difference. Good luck!

Comment

thanks for the response. would it matter much if I delay my plans to study in order to prolong the time between my last tourist visa refusal and the time I apply for student visa? In other words, do you think my chances of getting approved for student visa will be greater if I apply a year from now as suppose to 5 months from the time of my tourist visa denial? thanks again.

Comment

I am not sure if the time period matters. They will have your records forever. But you might try that too.

Comment

I see. Would it be advisable then to simply reapply for a tourist visa or do I have a better chance if I try my luck with a student visa? I am aware that procedures for all non-immigrant visas are the same but is it true that consuls are less scrutinizing towards student visa applications compared to tourist visa? Pleas advise. Thanks again.

Comment

I am not sure I can answer your question. I did not get what do you want to do? come to US as a tourist or do you want to study in the US? How can this be a wavering decision like you sounded

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X