Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opt expiring soon, H1 sponsorship not in sight

Present Scenario:
    I graduated (bachelors in finance) in Dec. '07, and started by OPT on 6th January, 2008. Although I worked for this company for couple of months, they decided not to sponsor for my H1, so I quit. Right now, I don't have any leads to an employer who can sponsor for me. Even if I find one who does (after Oct, before Jan), the application cannot be filed before April 2009, and I won't be approved before Oct 2009 to work.

Question:
    1. What are my options other than going back on F1?

I checked out couple of Masters program, and most of them either didn't start till Fall 09, or I am too late to apply. Going back for a year on second undergrad degree is an option, but I feel is expensive and a waste of money.
    So, going back to school as a full-time student is an expensive option that I cannot afford.

I heard there are online classes one can take from anywhere in the US that issues I-20 for upto a year. If so, what are these classes, and where can I get any additional information? Also, do I have any other options?

Many thanks in advance!

meroavi, Maryland

Does your degree qualify under STEM? If so, you could try the OPT extension. But you cannot be unemployed and need to have a job.

No point in extending stay and wasting more money by looking for means to stay. Go to your home country and try to find a sponsor for your H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X