Please help quick!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help quick!!

I was approved for my student visa and I will going to the U.S. in a couple of days. I have read blogs and heard from other people that I should have received a sealed enevelope with my visa that I received today. I heard that I am supposed to take this sealed envelope with my and that the customs official at the port of entry in U.S. would take this envelope from me!! Is this true? Was I supposed to have received a sealed envelope?

No. Those days are gone.

Comment

Thanks Orion

There are many out-of-date apparently sites that still talk about the sealed envelope for the I-20. It seems like you are on top of this stuff. How difficult is it to get an extension on the I-20 should I maintain good attendance but need longer to complete studies?

Comment

response to tabby

Hello Tabby,

I only got one envelop which wasn't sealed, but attache to the back of my passport, and that contains nothing else, but my I-20. Maybe you were hearing about this...and I guess it deffers as Orion said that those days are gone because I just applied for my student visa in July, and still got that envelope. Oh well...not like that would hurt me because if they didn't attached this envelope to my passport, I would still take it along with me and ready to show it if needed...
        Responding to your other quesiton: I think if you can prove that you need to complete your studies, and show evidence of support than you can always extend your I-20 and finish school....good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X