Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Renewal 2 years after expiry

Hi all
    I came to the US for a Masters leading to PhD in 2001 Fall. I had an F1 visa valid till May 2006. My PhD is taking a little longer than expected and I am planning to get my F1 renewed in Sep 2008 from Mumbai consulate.

I have a valid I-20 till June 2009 and I am fully supported during this period through RA funding from the University of California, Los Angeles.

I am taking a letter of funding support from my department as well as a letter from the International Office at UCLA identifying me as a bonafide student.

Can anyone tell me what issues or things I should be concerned about? Also are there any additional documents needed in my case?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
    Ingam

Your case looks good. For documentation, see homepage or Google it.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
      Your case looks good. For documentation, see homepage or Google it.
      Thank you, Orion. That gives me a lot of confidence.

I am just concerned about any specific issues that you can think of which I need to be aware about during the interview, for example, does the 2 year period affect the whole process in any way etc. I looked at Immihelp home under student visa section, but could not find an answer to this question.

Thanks a lot again for your prompt response.
      Ingam

Comment

F1 renweal

Dear Ingam,

I am in the same dilemma as you,I am a grad student at UH. I have a F1 expiring in July 2009. I am going to delhi in Dec 08, and planning to get it extended just in case. I plan to graduate around fall 2009.

Can you let me know how did your visa renewal went ? I am worried not to get stuck in 221 (g) pink slip form which normally takes 3-4 weeks for clearance.

Thanks,
        Ratndeep

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X