Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to attend for Visa interview in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to attend for Visa interview in India?

Hello I hold a B1/B2 10 year Multiple entry visa Issued from Newdelhi in Jan 2007. Prior to My Visa issuance I had Visa application refused in March 2006 for the same type of Visa category at Chennai consulate. When I applied for US Visa in Newdelhi in Jan 2007, "VFS" and US consulates passed a new rule that time that any person who can communicate with Consular Officer in English can apply at any of the four US consulates irrespective of where passport is issued. I dont Know if that Rule still exists or not. Iam currently in USA and I have my I-94 valid till jan3 2009 and this is my third visit. Iam Planning to go back to India in early November and apply for a F1 visa. My passport is issued from Hyderabad. where should I attend my F1 visa Interview. Is there any flexibility that we can attend at any of the four consulates and what are odds for me getting a F1 visa

Thank you

As you have had significant US trips on B1/B2 and not exceeded your stay anytime in the past, your chances of getting F1 visa are high.

You should apply in the home consulate i.e chennai.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X