Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F1 visa exipred, but need to home in december.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa exipred, but need to home in december.

Hi All. I am currently a grad student at michigan state. My F1 visa expired in June 2008. I need to go home in December and it's really urgent. My I20 is valid till 2011 and my advisor told me that she will write a letter of recommendation for me. I will graduate either by the end of next spring or next summer and my advisor said she will give me the full financial support. At this moment, I am really confused what I should do. I know I will have all valid documents. But there is still a risk. Should I go or should I delay it. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

If you can show strong ties to home country, you can get a visa. Many people do get it.

If you want to skip the trip, you can do that as well.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      If you can show strong ties to home country, you can get a visa. Many people do get it.

If you want to skip the trip, you can do that as well.
      Thanks for the reply. What should I exactly do to show my strong ties to the home country. My parents are there and I actually do have a plan do go back once I finish my PhD. Thanks again. btw, I am from Kolkata, India.

Comment

Whatever you showed when you applied for the first F1. Financial and familial ties.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
          Whatever you showed when you applied for the first F1. Financial and familial ties.
          Ok. But the things like familial ties get more value than things like my I20, advisor's letter or proof of funding at school? Thanks.

Comment

this is a simple case... go to mexico or canda and get your F1 renewal done.. I know lot cases on this, and all were succesfull./

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X