Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 question and re-issue of F1

Dear Members,

I am planning to change my status from OPT to F2. My husband is doing Ph.D from Virginia Tech. My question is what are the chances of getting F2 visa. My husband is RA with funding so will it be OK or my being here as an student then OPT then applying for F2 will be a issue?
    Also my husband visa is expiring on July 20th 2009(this visa date is when he applied for maters and got 5 years)but now with Ph.D and new I-20 its valid till 2011 but he also wants to apply for visa so that his visa doesn't expire etc. Is this OKAY or it will be a problem. He has completed 2.5 years in Ph.S program but I am just scared if he don't get visa again then? He has VALID I-20 till 2011 we want to do visa to that he will have visa after July and anytime he can leave and re-enter in the USA.
    Can we both appear for an interview together he is for F1 and me F2?
    Please suggest as soon as possible. Thanks in an advance.

Regards,
    Skumari

If he got visa once, it should be easier to get the next time. He probably cannot get a new visa more than 6 months before the current expiry but he should apply at least 1 year before he graduates, because once you are on OPT it is tougher to get a visa.
    For you, you can go for the visa only when you need it (when you leave US).
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. My question is what are the chances of getting F2 visa when my husband is on full funding for Ph.D program? Also, will it be an issue that I graduted from USA and now on OPT while I will apply for F2.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X